Monday, April 4, 2011

Foster Homes Needed in Ontario & Steve

We really need some foster homes in Ontario. There are several dogs that need somewhere to go at the moment and we`re really short on foster homes to take them. Fostering can be a wonderful experience. You provide a short term home for a dog in need of assistance until a permanent home can be found. Dogs in need range from the young (1 year) to the old (10 years). Anyone interested in lending a hand, please email me at nuthatch@aztec-net.com

Steve

Steve is a 3 year old male, neutered GSP who came to me because he had been hit by a car and found on the side of the road. I am a veterinarian but I currently run a wildlife rehabilitation centre and don’t practice companion animal medicine on a regular basis. However, I was close by and I have a hospital at the centre so the rescuer brought the dog to me. His arm was broken so we plated it and he is now very mobile and ready to find a new home. We had actually found the owner but he didn’t want to pay for surgery. Fortunately, he was willing to surrender the dog to me rather than euthanize him. However, I currently have 4 dogs and hundreds of wild animals in rehab and don’t have the time or space for this dog. I thought I would be able to re-home him by the time his arm was completely mended but this has not turned out to be the case. I’m still trying but I wonder if you might know of someone who can give him a good home? I’m happy to keep him here until someone shows up. He’s a lovely dog and he gets along with all of the domestics in my house- dogs, cats, and even ferrets. He seems to have mild allergies which are controlled with Benadryl. I suspect it’s a reaction to the suture material so I don’t expect this to be an ongoing problem but I can’t be certain at this time. I wasn’t able to get a good vaccination history but the previous owner said he was up to date and I will vaccinate him before he leaves here.

Please let me know if you can help. You can contact me by email (cynthiapost@live.ca )or by phone at 905 936 3184.

Cynthia Post, DVM

Procyon Wildife Vet. and Rehab. Services



2 comments:

  1. I have been trying to contact Cynthia Post regarding Steve, but can't get through phone or email

    Can someone please call me at 416 990 7359

    Thanks
    Lisa Garbutt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have adopted him back in april 2011. He is doing good at his new home.

    ReplyDelete